Mexican Chicken LasagnaSubmitted by: AKA_MARGO
IntroductionI found this recipe on Eat Better America, but after making it I thought it needed some beans. I added no fat refried beans, but you could also add black beans. This also can be made with precooked chicken. I found this recipe on Eat Better America, but after making it I thought it needed some beans. I added no fat refried beans, but you could also add black beans. This also can be made with precooked chicken.
1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
1 clove garlic, finely chopped (optional)
2 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
1 cup fat free sour cream
1 can chopped green chilies
1/2 cup fresh cilantro (optional, I also use the frozen cubes from Trader Joe's)
2 teaspoons cumin
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 cups salsa
8 corn tortillas, cut in half
1 1/4 cups low fat cheddar or other cheese
1 can fat free refried beans
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13X9 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Spray large skillet with cooking spray, heat chicken over medium heat until no longer pink. Add garlic and cook until browned. Add beans and stir ingredients together. Set aside.
3. In a bowl mix ricotta, sour cream, chilies, cilantro, cumin, and salt together.
4. Spread one cup salsa across bottom of baking dish. Arrange half of the tortillas across the bottom evenly over salsa. Spread half of ricotta mixture over tortillas. Top with half the chicken mixture. Top with one cup salsa and half the cheese. Repeat with tortillas, ricotta mixture, chicken, salsa, and cheese.
5. Bake 30 minutes covered with tin foil.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user AKA_MARGO.