- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 356.0
- Total Fat: 12.7 g
- Cholesterol: 74.0 mg
- Sodium: 516.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.6 g
- Protein: 27.1 g
Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff with Whole Wheat NoodlesSubmitted by: CSHROADS01
IntroductionThis is certainly a family staple in my house. The kids literally beg me to make it for them all the time because they love it so much. Obviously any recipe is open to embelishment so feel free to make to your own taste. This is certainly a family staple in my house. The kids literally beg me to make it for them all the time because they love it so much. Obviously any recipe is open to embelishment so feel free to make to your own taste.
16 oz. Beef, top sirloin, trimmed and cubed (I cube small for the kids so that they don't have to cut it up much)
1 Tbsp Flour
1 Tsp Salt or Salt Substitute
1 Tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Canola Oil
1 Cup Onions, chopped
16 oz. Reduced-Fat Sour Cream (Fat free is not the same, I have tried...)
16 oz. Beef Broth Low Sodium
4 Cup Mushrooms, pieces or slices (MUST be fresh)
2 Tbsp Flour
12 oz. Whole Wheat Egg Noodles
2. Place the beef cubes, flour, salt, and pepper into sealed container and shake to coat.
3. Heat skillet over medium high with oil
4. Add beef to pan until golden coating on outside
5. Add onion to the pan and cook until translucent
6. Add broth slowly deglazing the pan (scrape the chunks of yummy goodness off the bottom to add to the broth)
7. Bring to simmer then add the mushrooms...they may overpower the pan, but they will cook down.
8. Once everything is combine in the pan simmer for 20-25 minutes.
9. Combine the flour and the sour cream
10. Add the sour cream and flour combination to the skillet and fold in
11. Bring to boil and cook until thick and bubbly
12. Serve over hot cooked noodles
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CSHROADS01.