Polenta PieSubmitted by: LIZHAVEY
IntroductionFrom Moosewood cooks at Home From Moosewood cooks at Home
* Yellow Cornmeal, 1.5 cup (remove)
* Salt, 1 tsp (remove)
* Water, tap, 3 cup (8 fl oz) (remove)
* Olive Oil, 1.5 tbsp (remove)
* Onions, raw, .5 medium (2-1/2" dia) (remove)
* Green Peppers (bell peppers), 1 cup, strips (remove)
* Mushrooms, fresh, 10 small (remove)
* Garlic, 6 cloves (remove)
* Basil, 2 tbsp (remove)
* Oregano, ground, 1 tsp (remove)
* Pepper, black, 1 tsp (remove)
* Mozzarella Cheese, part skim milk, 4 oz (remove)
* Red Ripe Tomatoes, 1 medium whole (2-3/5" dia) (remove)
preheat oven to 375 and oil 10" pie pan. Make cornmeal into thick crust and brush surface with olive oil and bake uncovered for 45 min.
Meanwhile, heat 1T olive oil in skillet. Add onion and saute 5 -8 min til soften. Add bell pepper, mushroom and saute till tender. stir in garlic and herbs and saute a few min more.
Turn up stove to broiler. sprinkle half the cheese onto the bottom of the crust, then add tomato slices, spread sauteed mixture over tomatoes and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Broil until brown (about 5 min.) and serve hot.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LIZHAVEY.