HamentaschenSubmitted by: V-RON_CAN
IntroductionPoppyseed-Filled Pastries Poppyseed-Filled Pastries
* *Poppy seed, 16 tbsp (remove)
* *Whole Milk / Vitamin D, .5 cup (remove)
* Butter, unsalted, 2 tbsp (remove)
* Granulated Sugar, .25 cup (remove)
* Light Corn Syrup, 2 tbsp (remove)
* Walnuts, .5 cup, chopped (remove)
* Raisins, .33 cup, packed (remove)
* Vanilla Extract, .5 tsp (remove)
* Egg, fresh, 2 large (remove)
* Granulated Sugar, .67 cup (remove)
* *Canola Oil, .5 cup (remove)
* Vanilla Extract, 1 tsp (remove)
* *Flour, white, 3 cup (remove)
* Baking Powder, 1.5 tsp (remove)
* (about 5 minutes), Taste and add more sugar if necessary. Add vanilla or lemon rind when cool.
* Whisk the eggs until thick, then whisk in the sugar, oil and seasonings.
* Stir in enough flour to make a rollable dough. Roll out on a floured board until 1/4" thick and cut into 3" rounds.
* Place a spoonful of the cooled filling in the center of each round and then draw up three sides to form a triangle and pinch the edges firmly together.
* Brush the tops with a little beaten egg. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool on a cooling rack.
* Makes about 24 hamentaschen. Keeps for one week in an airtight container.
* Can be frozen for 3 months.
Number of Servings: 24
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user V-RON_CAN.