- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 94.3
- Total Fat: 1.9 g
- Cholesterol: 1.8 mg
- Sodium: 69.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 3.5 g
Baby carrot, zucchini and rice saladSubmitted by: FEARLESSKAT
IntroductionI adapted this recipe from one I found - it is delicious with a lean steak or small breast of chicken and tastes great the next day for lunch. I adapted this recipe from one I found - it is delicious with a lean steak or small breast of chicken and tastes great the next day for lunch.
6 baby carrots (peeled and chopped into large pieces)
6 baby zucchini (peeled and chopped into large pieces)
1 cup cooked white rice
1/2 cup plain low fat yoghurt
3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
Salt and pepper
1. Cook the baby carrots in a large saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes and then add the baby zucchini and cook for a further 3 minutes.
2. Remove the veges with a slotted spoon and let them cool separately.
3. Use the boiling water to cook the rice for as long as it takes (approx 15 mins).
4. Once rice is cooled run everything under cold water and let cool to room temp.
5. Add yoghurt, chopped dill, salt, pepper and olive oil to rice and vege mix.
6. Cool for about 10 mins in the fridge and then enjoy.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user FEARLESSKAT.