- Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 184.1
- Total Fat: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 2.6 mg
- Sodium: 583.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 10.4 g
Spinach & Feta Breakfast WrapsSubmitted by: CHIIEDDY
IntroductionMade in advance, wrapped tightly in plastic and frozen, these become quick, on the go breakfasts. Made in advance, wrapped tightly in plastic and frozen, these become quick, on the go breakfasts.
2 small containers of Egg Beaters (or equivalent) - 14 servings total
1/2 cup skim milk
salt & pepper to taste
16 wheat tortillas
1/3 cups feta, crumbled [1 tsp per tortilla]
8 sun-dried tomatoes, loosely chopped [1 piece of tomato per tortilla] - I like to sop up excess oil from the tomatoes with a paper towel.
2 cup frozen spinach (fresh can be used but the day I wrote this recipe, the fresh was looking sad at the grocery) [1 tbsp per tortilla after defrosted and well drained]
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Defrost spinach and wring out as much water as possible.
3. Spray a small casserole with olive oil.
4. In the casserole, mix the egg beaters, salt, pepper and mix and combine well.
5. Bake approximately 40 - 50 minutes. It's done when a knife inserted comes out clean.
6. Cut egg into 16 equal portions.
7. Let cool
8. In each tortilla, put an equal portion of egg (break it up a bit so it looks more scrambled), tomato (you might want to dry off some of the oil), spinach and feta. Wrap well by folding in two opposite sides and rolling the edge into a rectangle.
9. Wrap TIGHTLY in plastic wrap and store in the freezer.
To Reheat/heat for breakfast:
Microwave frozen wrap
Reheat in toaster oven (best way)
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CHIIEDDY.