- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 353.4
- Total Fat: 4.0 g
- Cholesterol: 70.6 mg
- Sodium: 694.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 35.5 g
Biggest Loser "Fried" ChickenSubmitted by: SDEETS1
2 pounds chicken tenders
1 quart lowfat buttermilk
2 cups whole wheat breadcrumbs
1 cup cornstarch
2 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon organic seasoning salt
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
Large pinch cayenne pepper
4 egg whites, beaten to very soft peaks
Pam Cooking spray or olive oil
2. Drain and blot with paper twoels to remove excess buttermilk.
3. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325 degrees.
4. Lay bread crumbs out on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown, stirring occaionally, about 40 minutes. Cool
5. Increase oven heat to 450 degrees.
6. Combine cornstarch, paprika, seasoning salt, black pepper, and cayenne in large Pyrex dish - mix well.
7. Dredge drained and blotted chicken tenders in seasoned starch.
8. Next, coat dredged tenders thoroughly with beaten egg whites.
9. Last, dip tenders in toasted panko to fully coat.
10. Place chicken tenders on foil-lined baking sheet, fitted with a baking rack. Lightly spray chicken on both sides with Pam and season lightly with salt, if desired.
11. Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until outside is crispy and chicken is just cooked through and juicy.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SDEETS1.