Ellie Krieger's RatatouilleSubmitted by: MARYDAZ
IntroductionVery easy to make, and good! I added mushrooms which were not in the original recipe. Great with quinoa. Very easy to make, and good! I added mushrooms which were not in the original recipe. Great with quinoa.
* 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
* 1 large eggplant (about 1 pound), trimmed and cut into small dice (about 3 cups)
* 1 medium onion, cut into small dice (about 1 1/2 cups)
* 2 cloves minced garlic (about 2 teaspoons)
* 2 medium zucchini (1 pound total), trimmed, cut into small dice (about 2 1/2 cups)
* 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
* 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme and 1/4 teaspoon each dried rosemary and dried marjoram)
* 3/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
* 8-10 baby portabello mushrooms, sliced
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MARYDAZ.