- Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 197.3
- Total Fat: 4.3 g
- Cholesterol: 109.2 mg
- Sodium: 86.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 26.0 g
Korean Ginseng Chicken SoupSubmitted by: BREW99
IntroductionThis is a traditional Ginseng Chicken Soup. It is wonderful for making on a cool day or when someone is sick. This is a traditional Ginseng Chicken Soup. It is wonderful for making on a cool day or when someone is sick.
Chicken, cornish hens, 1 bird
1/4 c. Brown Rice, medium grain (or sweet rice)
12 cloves Garlic
1/4 c. Scallions, raw
1-2 small Ginseng Roots
2. Soak the rice in water for around 1 hour.
3. Stuff the chicken with the rice, ginseng root, & garlic. Place it in a pot.
4. Pour water into the pot and boil it over high heat for 20 minutes. When the water starts to boil, skim off the foam and fat. Pour more water in if needed.
5. Turn heat down to medium heat and cook for another 40 minutes. The chicken should basically fall off the bone when completed.
6. Serve the soup kimchi and/or more rice.
Note: We like to make this recipe on a table top burner and talk while it cooks. We eat it the traditional way by sharing the cooking pot while eat with chopsticks. It is a great bonding time for my husband and me.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BREW99.