Chicken Mai FunSubmitted by: JSWIFTBIRD
IntroductionI love noodles and this is a healthy way for me to satisfy the urge.
6 Servings Calories 212.5 I love noodles and this is a healthy way for me to satisfy the urge.
6 Servings Calories 212.5
* 1 (6 ounce) package skinny rice noodles (py mai fun)
* 1/2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
* 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* cooking spray
* 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
* 1 large egg, beaten lightly
* 1/2 cup red bell pepper, cut in strips
* 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* 3-5 garlic cloves, minced
* 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
* 1 tablespoon curry powder
* 8 ounces tofu chopped
* 1 cup sliced green onion (1-inch slices)
* 1/2 lb snow peas, sliced thinly
* 1/2 lb mung bean sprouts
2. Combine broth, soy sauce, sugar and salt, and stir together till sugar dissolves.
3. Heat large nonstick skillet over med-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray.
4 Add 1 tsp oil.
5. Add egg; stir-fry 30 seconds or until soft-scrambled, stirring constantly.
6. Remove from pan, and set aside.
Then add cubed chicken and cook until done.
7. Wipe down pan with cloth or paper towel.
8. Heat remaining oil (about 2 tsp) in pan over med-high heat.
9. Add bell pepper, ginger, red pepper, and garlic; stir-fry 15 seconds.
10. Add snow peas, bean sprouts, curry, and tofu; stir fry two or three minutes.
11. Stir in egg, chicken, noodles and broth mixture; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
12. Sprinkle with green onions.
Makes 6 servings
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JSWIFTBIRD.