- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 288.1
- Total Fat: 27.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 7.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.1 g
- Protein: 2.0 g
Appetizing Roasted Eggplant SpreadSubmitted by: ONEHAPPYFEMALE
IntroductionQuick, easy, and healthy. Not only a tasty lunch (spread it on toasted or grilled breads) but is also a wonderful dip for cut vegetables or crackers. This may be served warm or at room temperature. Quick, easy, and healthy. Not only a tasty lunch (spread it on toasted or grilled breads) but is also a wonderful dip for cut vegetables or crackers. This may be served warm or at room temperature.
2 medium eggplants, unpeeled (about 3 pounds)
1 large red pepper
1 head garlic
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground onion powder
1/3 cup chopped parsley
salt and pepper
2. Cut eggplant in half lengthwise.
3. Cut red pepper in half and remove core and seeds.
4. Cut head of garlic in half.
5. Line a 9X13 baking sheet with foil.
6. Brush foil with the vegetable oil (2 tbsp)
7. Arrange vegetable cutside down on the oiled baking sheet.
8. Roast vegetables for 25-30 minutes until soft and cut sides are slightly browned.
9. Peel eggplant and red pepper â€“ First allow vegetables to cool enough to handle.
10. Separate the garlic cloves and squeeze the soft pulp into a food processor.
11. Add eggplant, ground ginger, and onion powder to a food processor and pulse blend until smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
12. Dice red pepper. (reserve 6 thin slices for garnishing)
13. Stir the diced red pepper and the parsley into the eggplant mixture.
14. Add salt and pepper to taste.
15. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ONEHAPPYFEMALE.