Broiled Sesame-Coated AhiSubmitted by: CHASUK
IntroductionAhi tuna is also known as yellowfin. Ahi tuna is also known as yellowfin.
1 pound ahi tuna steaks (raw, thawed)
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/ 2 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ginger, grated
1 tablespoon shallots, minced
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons. olive oil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2. Cut steaks into four equal portions.
3. Pour the marinade in a resealable storage bag, add the tuna, and then set aside for 30 minutes.
4. Toast the sesame seeds in a dry pan (medium heat).
5. Dredge steaks in sesame seeds.
6. Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with vegetable oil cooking spray.
7. Place steaks onto cookie sheet in a single layer, not touching.
8. Broil 3 - 4 minutes per side.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CHASUK.