Simple Swiss Steak Pot RoastSubmitted by: KKS5369
IntroductionThis flavorful Swiss style steak is simple to prepare. Leave all day in a crock pot or on the stove, simmering like a pot roast. Low in calories, high in protein and potassium. This flavorful Swiss style steak is simple to prepare. Leave all day in a crock pot or on the stove, simmering like a pot roast. Low in calories, high in protein and potassium.
2 lbs round steak
1 can diced tomatoes
1 medium onion, sliced in rings
1 C sliced mushrooms
1 C water
1 clove garlic (chopped)
Seasoned salt, garlic salt, salt and pepper to taste.
2. Saute onions, mushrooms and garlic in the pan that was used to brown the steak. Saute just enough to soften, until onions become translucent.
3. Add sauted onions, mushrooms and garlic to the steak. Cover with tomatoes and water. Add seasonings to taste.
4. Cover, bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to simmer for at least 1 hour. May be left on low heat or in a crock pot for several hours, and the meat will be very tender.
5. Remove lid and turn up heat. Allow mixture to simmer until the sauce reduces.
6. Serve over brown rice or whole wheat noodles. Add a dollop of fat free sour cream for even more flavor! Rice, noodles and sour cream are not included in nutritional information.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KKS5369.