Spanish Chicken LiversSubmitted by: SPIRITJOURNEY51
Introduction(Higadillos Salteados) Smoked, salted Spanish pancetta is traditionally used in this dish, but bacon works fine. (Higadillos Salteados) Smoked, salted Spanish pancetta is traditionally used in this dish, but bacon works fine.
* Olive Oil, 2 tbsp (remove)
* Onions, raw, 2 medium (2-1/2" dia) (remove)
* Garlic, 4 cloves (remove)
* Bacon, 225 grams (remove)
*Thyme, fresh, 2 tsp (remove)
* Chicken Livers, 450 grams (remove)
* Paprika, Hot, Smoked .5 tsp (remove)
* Salt, .5 tsp (remove)
* Pepper, black, 1 dash (remove)
* Sherry, dry, 2.5 fl. oz (remove)
* Parsley, .25 cup (remove)
2) Turn heat to medium. Add bacon and thyme. Cook stirring frequently until golden and slightly crispy, 10 minutes. Transfer to plate with slotted spoon.
3) Turn heat to medium-high. Add livers, 1/2 tsp paprika, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until liver is almost cooked through, 3 minutes. Do not overcook; liver should still be pink in the centre. Transfer to plate with onion mixture.
4) Pour sherry into pan. Stir to scrape up browned bits. Return liver mixture to pan. Add parsley. Stir together 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Discard thyme.
5) Serve immediately and dust with paprika.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SPIRITJOURNEY51.