Clementine Chicken SaladSubmitted by: MARBEAR
IntroductionA delightful and easy to prepare protien rich summer salad A delightful and easy to prepare protien rich summer salad
2 cups Shredded chicken
1/4 cup chopped or sliced soaked raw unsalted almonds
3-4 tbsp Vegenaise (a mayo substitute)
3-4 wedges lemon juice
3 clementines, separated
2) Chop almonds with a knife (if you use a chopper they may get stuck or mushy because they were soaked). Slice lemon. Peel and separate clementines. Measure out the vegenaise.
3) Add shredded chicken and vegenaise to a bowl. Stir well, adding almonds.
4) Add lemon juice to taste.
5) Add clementines and mix well.
1) On top of field greens.
2) On a toasted whole grain bread or English Muffin.
3) With whole grain crackers for a mid afternoon snack.
Yields 6 servings.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MARBEAR.