ColcannonSubmitted by: ASYNJA
IntroductionJust in time for St. Patricks Day. I fry these in 6 individual servings like patties. Just in time for St. Patricks Day. I fry these in 6 individual servings like patties.
3-4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in quarters
2 tablespoons soy milk (plain)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 cups chopped cabbage
2 tablespoons margarine
1/4 cup chopped onions
2 tablespoons margarine or oil (for frying)
2. Place in a large bowl.
3. Mash with hand masher till well-mashed.
4. (I find the electric mixer makes it too gooey).
5. Add milk, salt and pepper and beat till fluffy.
6. In the same saucepan as potatoes were cooked in, cook cabbage in reserved potato water for 6 to 8 minutes, until tender.
8. Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons margarine or oil in frying pan and saute onion until tender.
9. Add mashed potato and cooked cabbage to the onion.
10. Heat throughly, stirring constantly.
11. Place in a heated serving dish.
12. Serve hot, topped with margarine.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ASYNJA.