Pumpkin and Black Bean SoupSubmitted by: FLYING_V
IntroductionCourtesy of Rachel Ray Courtesy of Rachel Ray
2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 cups canned or packaged vegetable stock
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes in juice
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained
2 cans (15 ounces) pumpkin puree (found often on the baking aisle)
1 cup FF evaporated milk (original recipe called for heavy cream but FF evaporated milk works)
1 tablespoon curry powder, 1 palm full
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, 1/2 palm full
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, eyeball it in the palm of your hand
20 blades fresh chives, chopped or snipped, for garnish
2. Add oil.
3. When oil is hot, add onion.
4. Saute onions 5 minutes.
5. Add broth, tomatoes, black beans and pumpkin puree.
6. Stir to combine ingredients and bring soup to a boil.
7. Reduce heat to medium low and stir in evaoprated milk, curry, cumin, cayenne and salt, to taste.
8. Simmer 5 minutes, adjust seasonings and serve garnished with chopped chives.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user FLYING_V.