Tomato and bean soupSubmitted by: JARICHAUST
IntroductionA rich, thick chunky tomato soup, good for using up a summer's surplus. Warm, hearty and delicious. A rich, thick chunky tomato soup, good for using up a summer's surplus. Warm, hearty and delicious.
600 grams ripe tomatoes
1 large zucchini (about 200 grams), diced
1 tbsp oil
2 cloves garlic
900 ml vegetable stock
30 mL sun dried tomato paste, or 2 tbs pieces
2 tsp paprika
1 tbsp cornflour
425g black beans (cooked/canned)
2 tbsp fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
salt and pepper
2. Quarter tomatoes and cut again if required into bite sized pieces.
3. Heat the oil in large saucepan and cook carrot and garlice for 3-5 minutes until carrot begins to soften.
4. Add vegetables to carrots with stock, sun-dried tomato and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Mix cornflour to a paste with a little water (about 2 tbsp). Add beans and cornflour to soup. Cook for 5-10 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Stir in coriander just before serving.
Makes 4 x 1.5 cup serves.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JARICHAUST.