Fruity ChickenSubmitted by: PENELOPE83
Introductiona tropical yummy-summery chicken :) a tropical yummy-summery chicken :)
1/3 cup Dried Fruit (I found tropical flavor with mango, pineapple, banana and others with no added flavors. Plain pineapple or apricot will work as well.)
1 cup Dole Tropical Fruit in Passion Fruit Nectar
1/4 cup onion (diced)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup orange juice
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/4 tsp salt
Bone-In Chicken Breasts or Thighs with Skin - 2 units
salt/pepper to taste
FRUITY PART PREP
Combine Dole Tropical Fruit, dried fruit, onion, garlic, orange juice, honey, brown sugar, ginger, salt, and mustard in heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes (uncovered). Remove fruit mixture from heat and let cool in the refridgerator for 10 minutes.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees with an empty baking dish inside.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place skin side down in the baking dish.
3. Spread fruity mixture on top.
4. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Remove dish from oven. Raise heat to 425.
6. Flip chicken and re-coat with fruity mixture. Cook for another 15 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and juices run clear when pricked with fork.
Serve with brown rice or fresh green beans for maximum yumminess!
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user RYANN06.