- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 143.9
- Total Fat: 5.1 g
- Cholesterol: 86.1 mg
- Sodium: 277.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 13.5 g
Shrimp Fajitas - modified recipeSubmitted by: 50SGRANNY
IntroductionThis recipe is extremely "experiment friendly". Don't be afraid to substitute, add, or eliminate ingredients. This recipe is extremely "experiment friendly". Don't be afraid to substitute, add, or eliminate ingredients.
* 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
* 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
* 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
* 1/2 teaspoon cumin
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 cup zucchini, cubed
* 1/2 onion, chopped
* 1/2 sweet bell pepper, chopped
* 1/2 cup canned or frozen corn
* 8 flour tortillas
* 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
* chopped fresh cilantro
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the zucchini, onion, and corn for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender/crisp, then add shrimp and cook until done. ***NOTE: I often a teaspoon or so of hot mole at this time - deliciously spicy!
3. Spoon cooked ingredients into tortilla, add any toppings you choose, like lettuce, tomato, avacado, sour cream, hot sauce, etc...keeping in mind that the nutritional values of the dish will vary.
****Additional note: I HIGHLY recommend the mole, buy it in a jar in the Mexican food section ;)
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user 50SGRANNY.