- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 197.4
- Total Fat: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 130.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.0 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
Garlic and Thyme Roasted Red PotatoesSubmitted by: ONETRISH
IntroductionSimple Oven Roasted Potatoes with tons of garlic and fresh herbs Simple Oven Roasted Potatoes with tons of garlic and fresh herbs
2 pounds of red potatoes (washed, with skin)
3-5 cloves of minced garlic (fresh)
3 to 5 sprigs of fresh Thyme (off the stem)
Black Pepper to taste
Salt (kosher or sea) to taste
1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
2. Mince garlic and combine in small bowl with the Thyme and a little bit of salt and pepper (optional).
3. Add 1/4 tablespoon of olive oil to the garlic/thyme mixture.
4. Take a spoon and smash or grind the garlic and oil together on the side of your bowl (think mortar and pestle).
5. Get a large ziptop baggie and place all the potatoes and the remaining olive oil into the bag. Seal and shake the bag, coating all of the potatoes with the oil.
6. Once potatoes are coated, add the garlic/thyme mixture to the bag and shake again.
7. Place potatoes in large casserole or roasting pan.
8. Add black pepper and salt to taste.
9. Put uncovered into oven (preheated to 375)
10. Cook for approximately 25 to 30 minutes. Flip potatoes. If you like, after you turn the potatoes, you can add additional salt and/or pepper.
11. Cook an additional 20 to 25 minutes, or until you can easily pierce with a fork.
12. Serve (ideally with the garlic and three pepper roasted chicken cooked at the same time)
Makes 4 servings of 1/2 pound of potatoes.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ONETRISH.