Blondies Have More FunSubmitted by: KV711LAW
IntroductionI love butterscotch brownies, but my favorite recipe is loaded with butter, sugar, and butterscotch chips. This is a way to make it lighter without losing the irresistible flavor. I love butterscotch brownies, but my favorite recipe is loaded with butter, sugar, and butterscotch chips. This is a way to make it lighter without losing the irresistible flavor.
* 1/2 c old-fashioned rolled oats
* 1/3 c all-purpose flour
* 1/3 c whole wheat flour
* 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/4 c + 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
* 3/4 c + 2 Tbsp butter
* 1 lg egg
* 11/4 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/2 c silivered almonds, divided
2. Put oats in food processor and pulse until finely ground (1/3 cup). Whisk together oats, flours, baking powder, and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
3. Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Stir in sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook, stirring, until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour into large bowl. Add egg, vanilla extract, and reserved dry ingredients and mix well. Gold in 1/4 cup of the almonds.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan, spread evenly with spatula, and top with remaining 1/4 cup almonds. Bake until a wooden pick inserted off center comes out with few crumbs but is not wet, 18 to 20 minutes.
5. Cool in pan on rack 15 minutes. Lift out oil and cool completely on rack. Remove foil and cut into 16 bars. (Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.)
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KV711LAW.