Tofu Soba Noodle SoupSubmitted by: FUTUREPINUP
IntroductionSlightly modified from a recipe found in Gourmet magazine. Slightly modified from a recipe found in Gourmet magazine.
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 lb dried soba noodles (buckwheat noodles)
- 2 carrots, sliced thin
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, pieces
- 1/2 lb spinach, coarse stems discarded and the leaves washed well, and chopped
-8-10 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
-3-4 tablespoons miso, to taste
- 2 scallions, minced
- Stir in the soy sauce and the sugar and simmer the broth for 5 minutes.
- In a pot of salted boiling water cook the noodles for 3 to 5 minutes, or until they are al dente, being careful not to overcook them, drain them in a colander, and rinse them under cold water.
- Add the carrots and mushrooms to the broth and simmer them, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and the tofu and simmer the soup for 1 minute.
- In a small bowl stir together well 1/2 cup of the soup broth and the miso and pour the mixture back into the pan.
- Divide the noodles among 3 large bowls, ladle the soup over them, and sprinkle each serving with some of the scallions.
Number of Servings: 3
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user FUTUREPINUP.