Kung Pao ChickenSubmitted by: LUV2TRAVEL_05
2 tablespoons soy sauce, low sodium
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1 clove garlic -- minced
1 teaspoon ginger root -- minced
5 ounces boneless & skinless chicken breast
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 chiles -- dried
1 ounce unsalted peanuts, dry-roasted
1 medium red bell pepper -- cut like matchsticks
1/4 cup green onions -- sliced
1/4 cup Swanson's Natural Goodness Fat-Free chicken broth
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2. In large non-stick skillet heat oil; add chiles and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until peppers are browned, about 1 minute. Remove and discard peppers.
3. In same skillet add peanuts and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until nuts are lightly browned, about 1 minute. Transfer nuts to plate; set aside.
4. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to same skillet, reserving marinade. Cook chicken over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until browned on all sides and cooked through, 2-3 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate with peanuts; set aside.
5. Add red peppers and green onions to skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until tender-crisp, 1-2 minutes.
6. Add broth and cornstarch to reserved marinade and stir to dissolve cornstarch.
7. Add broth mixture to red pepper mixture. Add chicken and peanuts. Cook stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, 2-3 minutes.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user VDICKINS.