- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 319.9
- Total Fat: 15.9 g
- Cholesterol: 79.4 mg
- Sodium: 732.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 16.4 g
Garden Patch Shepherd's PieSubmitted by: HAPPYWALKER
IntroductionVery easy and delicous Very easy and delicous
1 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 cup dry seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1/2 package frozen mixed vegetables
4 cups mashed potatoes
1/2 chup shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tbs. paprika
2. Knead the frozen mixed vegetables (uncooked) into the meat mixture.
3. Pat mixture in a 9 or 10 inch pie plate or round cooking dish.
4. Bake approx. 40-45 minutes in 350 degree oven, until center is fully cooked..
5. While meat is baking, prepare mashed potatoes.
6. Fold the cheddar cheese into the mashed potatoes (reserve a handful to sprinkle on top at the very end.)
7. When meat is cooked, spoon or pipe mashed potatoes on top, covering entire top surface.
Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
8. Return to oven and bake for 10 minutes, until golden brown.
9. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
10. Cut into wedges to serve.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MSMITH51.