Herby Lamb ChopsSubmitted by: CHEEKYCHOOK
IntroductionLoads of flavour and something a bit different. Loads of flavour and something a bit different.
1 tbsp oil
1 onion, peeled and sliced
2 birdseye chillies left whole
450g lamb chops, trimmed of any fat
3 cloves garlic
2 tsp fresh chopped ginger
1 tbsp garam masala
salt to taste
fresh coriander (including stalks)
fresh mint leaves (3 sprigs)
3 tbsp plain yogurt (low fat)
lemon juice to taste
2. Add chillies and lamb chops and brown on both sides, stirring often.
3. Add garlic, ginger, garam masala and stir for 30 seconds.
4. Add salt, water, bring to boil, cover and cook on moderate heat for 15 minutes until lamb is cooked.
Dry off excess water in the pan over a high heat, stir often.
5. Puree 100g of coriander with the mint and yogurt, stir into the lamb and cook for further 15 mins over moderate heat until there is a little gravy remaining.
6. Adjust seasoning, add a few more of the fresh chopped mint, chop and add remaining coriander and drizzle with a little lemon juice, if necessary.
Number of Servings: 3
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CHEEKYCHOOK.