- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 249.1
- Total Fat: 13.0 g
- Cholesterol: 88.3 mg
- Sodium: 532.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.0 g
- Protein: 14.1 g
Bread Pudding Quiche with Berries & Bacon
IntroductionWith flavors of french toast, this quiche has a cinnamon bread crumb crust; the crust can be baked the day before & stored at room temperature. With flavors of french toast, this quiche has a cinnamon bread crumb crust; the crust can be baked the day before & stored at room temperature.
6 slices of cinnamon swirl bread, cut into small cubes
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 whole fresh eggs
3 egg whites
1-1/2 cups skim milk
3/4 cup Kraft finely shredded 2% cheddar cheese
3 slices Kraft 2% swiss cheese slices, diced small
2 tsp. all purpose flour
3/4 cup chopped cooked ham
1/4 cup shredded zucchini
1/4 cup bell peppers diced small
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped scallions or green onions
4 slices Oscar Meyer redi-cooked bacon, blotted and broken into large pieces
1 cup strawberries
1 cup blueberries
2. For crust, place bread cubes in food processor until reduced to fine crumbs. With food processor running, pour in melted butter until combined (mix will be crumbly).
3. Increase oven temp. to 375 degrees. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and 1-1/2" up sides of ungreased 9" springfoam pan or onto bottom & up sides of 10" quiche dish. Bake 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned; cool. Reduce oven to 325 degrees.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs & milk. In a small bowl, toss together cheeses, flour, 1/4 tsp each salt & fresh ground pepper. Add to egg mixture. Fold in ham, zucchini, carrot, bell peppers & scallions. Pour into prepared, cooled crust.
5. Bake 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. If necessary, to prevent over-browning, tent with foil. Cool 15 minutes on wire rack. Remove sides of springfoam pan, loosening sides with a knife if necessary.
6. To serve, top with assorted berries & bacon pieces.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user .