- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 244.6
- Total Fat: 4.4 g
- Cholesterol: 49.7 mg
- Sodium: 730.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.8 g
- Protein: 25.0 g
Lara's Chicken and Bean Slow-Cooker Stew (Crockpot)Submitted by: LARAKULPA
IntroductionThis is a great dish for winter, or in spring when it's still cool outside. Serve with warm rolls or crusty bread for sopping up the "gravy" This is a great dish for winter, or in spring when it's still cool outside. Serve with warm rolls or crusty bread for sopping up the "gravy"
2 boneless, skinless chicken Breasts
1 small can Cream of Chicken Soup
1.5 cup Swanson Chicken Broth 99% Fat Free
1 cup chopped onion
1 cups mushrooms, chopped or sliced
1 can red kidney beans
2 medium red potatoes, diced
Salt, garlic powder, black pepper, oregano, and basil to taste (Start with 1 tbsp each, except salt, which should just be a few dashes)
1. Dump chopped onion and mushrooms into crockpot.
2. Season chicken breasts with seasonings above, and place in crockpot on top of onion and mushrooms.
3. Whisk cream of chicken soup and chicken broth in a bowl, and pour over chicken.
4. Add the beans (you can use any kind, I usually use Great Northern White, but ran out).
5. Set the crockpot on high for 6 hours, or low for 8. About an hour before serving, take the chicken pieces out, and shred with two forks. Put them back in, stir well, and let the last hour help meld the flavors.
I really enjoy this with some warm Portuguese rolls with a slice of sharp cheddar cheese, or some other kind of crusty bread.
You can also add other veggies if you like, such as carrots, bell peppers, peas (add at the very end before serving if using canned or frozen), even diced tomatoes! Just add a little more water or chicken broth if need be.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LADYDELALUNA.