My Beans/ChiliSubmitted by: WYLDFLOWERS
IntroductionEasy to make and makes a lot.... Easy to make and makes a lot....
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 15 oz. cans pinto beans
1 15 oz. can black beans
1 15 oz. can navy beans
2 15 oz. cans diced tomatoes
1 large onion - chopped
1 green pepper - chopped
3 Tablespoons chili powder
1 Tablespoon cumin powder
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (we like it a bit hot)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon oregano
2 cans water
2. Heat oil in pan, add onion and cook until clear.
3. Add green pepper and 1 Tablespoon chili powder. Stir and cook for 2-3 min.
4. Add tomatoes, beans, remaining chili powder, cumin, cayenne, cinnamon, oregano, salt, and 2 cans water (fill tomato can). Stir to mix.
5. Bring to boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer covered for 30min. stirring to prevent sticking.
6. Remove lid and continue cooking until desired thickness, stir to prevent sticking.
*Serving size is 1/2 cup. Makes approximately 12 servings. Freezes well.
I've used chick pea or kidney bean in place of navy bean and it's good, also added boca veggie crumbles a few min. before serving and it's good that way too.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user WYLDFLOWERS.