- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 382.6
- Total Fat: 17.9 g
- Cholesterol: 101.4 mg
- Sodium: 544.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 38.2 g
Pressure Cooker Beef StroganoffSubmitted by: HAPPYWALKER
Introductiona fast meal with tender, melt in your mouth meat a fast meal with tender, melt in your mouth meat
2 lbs. beef round steak
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, mined
1 can beef broth
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 cup sour cream
2. Transfer steak to pressure cooker.
3. Saute onion and garlic in skillet
4. Add salt, pepper, broth, worcestershire sauce,
5. Close the lid and bring to high pressure on medium high heat until pressure regulator rocks gently back and forth.
6. Cook 20 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and run cold water on top of lid until air vent drops, the remove lid.
8. Make a paste out of 1/4 cup flour and water to thicken broth.
9. Stir in sour cream and blend well.
10. Serve over hot egg noodles.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MSMITH51.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
This was pretty good, and the pressure cooker does make it pretty easy. The next time, I think I will add some wine, possibly some onion soup mix, possibly some paprika, thyme, and maybe a cup or so of strong coffee. It was a little bit subtle but there were no leftovers! Thanks! - 3/1/10
Decent recipe, but missing pizzaz. Possibly in need of some red wine to add more depth.
Doubling the amount of mushrooms definately a benefit.
1 inch cubes too thick for 20 min in a pressure cooker. Comes out on the firm side. 1/4 thick inch strips would be more tender for the cooking time. - 4/6/11