All-Star Veggie burgerSubmitted by: DMGODDESS
IntroductionI found it on allrecipes.com
I'm going to try baking it instead of frying. I found it on allrecipes.com
I'm going to try baking it instead of frying.
* 1 (15.5 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and mashed
* 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
* 1/4 cup oat bran
* 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
* 1 cup cooked brown rice
* 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu
* 5 tablespoons Korean barbeque sauce
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 3/4 teaspoon dried sage
* 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
2. In a separate bowl, mash the tofu with your hands, trying to squeeze out as much of the water as possible. Drain of the water, and repeat the process until there is hardly any water worth pouring off. It is not necessary to remove all of the water. Pour the barbeque sauce over the tofu, and stir to coat.
3. Stir the tofu into the garbanzo beans and oats. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and sage; mix until well blended.
4. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Form patties out of the bean mixture, and fry them in hot oil for about 5 minutes per side. Serve as you would burgers.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DMGODDESS.