Turkey KabobsSubmitted by: LOTUS737
IntroductionAmazingly delicious and super flavorful! Amazingly delicious and super flavorful!
1 t olive oil
2 t garlic minced
2 t ginger ground
1 small onion minced
1 jalapeno (use 1/2 if you don't like it spicy)
4 T Shaan Kabob Spice Mix
3 T cilantro chopped
16 oz ground turkey breast, 93% lean
1 lemon, juiced
Mix together everything except the lemon juice.
Let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (a few hours would be better!)
When you're ready to cook, add in the juice of 1/2 a lemon and mix.
From there you have a few options:
1. mold into little log-shaped kabobs (16)
2. turn into little mini meatballs (32)
3. make burgers (4)
4. mold kabobs around skewers (probably 8)
I went with option 1, as you can see from the picture. You also have cooking methodology options- baking or grilling.
I baked mine at 375 for 25 minutes or so and then broiled for a couple minutes so they browned up a bit.
Squeeze remaining 1/2 lemon over them before eating.
Makes 4 main course servings (4 oz).
- serve over some couscous with veggies
- add some sliced onions to the grill/baking sheet
- make a quick sauce- mix 1/2 cup yogurt with a teaspoon of tahini, add in a little more cilantro if you want
- make sandwiches with them!
- you could use ground chicken or lamb instead
- you can swap the cilantro out for mint
- make the little mini meatballs and serve as an appetizer