Awesome Marinated KabobsSubmitted by: MELODYJEWELL
Introductionterrific on the grill and even the most meat and potatoes guy will love the veggies-guaranteed! terrific on the grill and even the most meat and potatoes guy will love the veggies-guaranteed!
16oz bottle newmans own low fat balsalmic vinegrette dressing (dont substitute unless for reg newmans balsalmic)
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce (Low sodium or regular)
3 cloves garlic (I use powder when lazy)
1/4 tsp ground ginger
bamboo (soaked) or metal skewers
16oz chicken breast meat (still slightly frozen if poss for ease in cutting)
Assorted Vegetables that tolerate grilling
-green peppers (1 cup)
-red peppers (1 cup)
-onions (red or vidalia are the best) (1 cup)
-mushrooms (1 cup)
2. cut up vegetables to size suitable for grilling, make sure onion layers are separated.
3. press garlic, add this and the rest of spices to dressing.
4. add chicken and vegetables to marinade in a 1 gal ziploc bag. marinate at least 1 hr, but 3-4 is better.
5. skewer vegetables and meat, alternating. allow approximately 1/4 of chicken per serving.
MAKES 4 SERVINGS WITH 4OZ OF CHICKEN EACH
* I always make extra vegetables---guilt free and great!
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MELODYJEWELL.