Cauliflower Side DishSubmitted by: JANEXA
IntroductionVery yummy side dish with the benefits of fiber and potassium. Very yummy side dish with the benefits of fiber and potassium.
1 medium raw, Vidalia onion (about 2-1/2 in dia.), finely chopped
1/4 cup unsalted butter
3 cups coarsely chopped raw cauliflower
4 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 tablespoon ground black pepper (to taste)
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 fl. oz lime juice
Serves: 3 people
1. In a medium skillet saute 1 medium onion, finely chopped, in 1/4 cup unsalted butter, until it is lightly browned.
2. Add cups coarsely chopped cauliflower, garlic, and lime juice, and heat the mixture thoroughly.
3. Stir in 4 eggs, lightly beaten, and seasoned with ground black pepper (to taste),
4. Stir the mixture until the eggs are set.
5. Sprinkle the dish with fresh, chopped parsley.
Number of Servings: 3
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JANEXA.