- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 166.4
- Total Fat: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 24.5 mg
- Sodium: 78.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 5.0 g
Chocolate Sour Cream CupcakesSubmitted by: FIT_ARTIST
Introductionfrom Clean Eating Magazine from Clean Eating Magazine
1 cup unsweetened dark cocoa
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup low fat sour cream
1/3 cup skim milk
2 egg whites
2 tsp skim milk
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup sucanat (or brown sugar)
1 oz dark chocolate
2) In large mixing bowl, combine cocoa, 1 cup of the sucanat, flour, salt and soda.
3) In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream, 1/3 cup milk, oil, vanilla, whole egg.
4) Make a well in centre of dry ingredients, pour in the wet ingredients. Combine with a rubber spatula.
5) Add egg whites to a large clean, dry mixing bowl. Whip whites with hand beater until they are foamy. Add remaining 1/4 cup of sucanat gradually. Beat until medium-stiff peaks form.
6) Fold whites into cake batter.
7) Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake for 30-45 minutes.
Allow to cool.
8) Melt chocolate and 2 tsp milk in microwave and top the cooled cucakes with a thin layer.
Makes 12 cupcakes
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HAWGWILD1.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
These are even better than I anticipated. One cupcake is totally satisfying and certainly fulfills your need for chocolate!!
UPDATE: I made these again and used lowfat plain yogurt. Just as good! And instead of the chocolate shaving on top, I added sliced almonds. Beautiful! - 5/3/09
OMG these came out great! I used almond breeze milk.1/2 tsp salt,baking cocoa, walnuts&almonds kept all else the same except no addtl choc needed in the end. They are so moist and chocolatey! Cooked 25m in electric oven in alum foil indv cupcake holders-PERFECT! Thanks for my new favorite desert!