- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 69.5
- Total Fat: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 197.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 3.3 g
GF Mung Beans, Lentils & Brown Rice PancakesSubmitted by: DOWN2EARTH2009
1. Lentils, 1 cup
2. Brown Rice, long grain, 1 cup
3. Mung Beans, 1 cup
4. Salt, 1 tsp
5. Ginger Root, 1 tsp
6. Spinach, fresh, 1 cup
7. Onions, raw, 1 cup, sliced
8. Canola Oil, 1 tbsp
9. Cilantro, raw, 1 tbsp
2. Drain out the water.
3. Add the rice and daal mixture and all of the remaining ingredients (except for oil) in a blender and grind using a little fresh water. The consistency should be that of pancake batter.
4. Heat a griddle/skillet/tava on medium to high heat.
5. Heat a couple of drops of oil on the griddle and once it is hot, smear and wipe off the oil with a paper towel.
6. With a flat-bottomed ladle, pour a scoop of batter in the center of the griddle.
7. Place the bottom of the ladle flat on the center of batter. In an outward circular motion, spread the batter evenly.
8. Drizzle oil sparingly on the pancake and allow it to cook for a couple of minutes.
9. Run the tip of your spatula around the outer edge of the pancake allowing it to flip over easily.
10. Flip the pancake to the other side. It should be golden-brown in color.
11. Cook for another couple of minutes and serve immediately with a blob of butter or coconut chutney. Serves 10
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DOWN2EARTH2009.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
I was just wondering if the GF stood for gluten free, because I have celiac disease and everything I eat has to be gluten free. - 3/30/09
Reply from DOWN2EARTH2009 (3/30/09)
Yes, GF is Gluten free.