Green Coriander MonkfishSubmitted by: CHEEKYCHOOK
400g monkfish tails, trimmed
1" piece fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
Â½ tsp salt
Â½ lemon, juice only
90g/3Â½oz coriander root, roughly chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
1 tbsp vegetable oil
200g/7oz canned tomatoes, chopped
4 floz natural plain yoghurt
salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tbsp roughly chopped coriander leaves
2. Combine the ginger, garlic, salt and lemon juice in a food processor and blend to a paste.
3. Add the paste to the monkfish and mix well. Set aside to marinate for up to 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, blend the coriander root and green chillies in the processor to make a coarse purÃ©e.
5. Heat a wok, then add the vegetable oil and marinated monkfish and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
6. Add the purÃ©ed coriander and chilli, and fry for a further minute. Add the tomatoes and bring to the boil, before immediately reducing the heat to a simmer.
7. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, then add the yoghurt and cook for a further two minutes, or until thickened slightly. Taste to check the seasoning and add salt and freshly ground black pepper as necessary. Add half of the chopped coriander.
8. To serve, spoon the coriander monkfish among four bowls, top with the remaining coriander. Serve with chapati or rice.
Number of Servings: 3
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CHEEKYCHOOK.