Bulgur-Beet SaladSubmitted by: SUPERSCIENCE
Introductionjust threw this together, and it's sooo good! just threw this together, and it's sooo good!
* bulgur, 3.5 cup (remove)
* Beets, fresh, 2 beet (2" dia) (remove)
* Onions, raw, .25 cup, chopped (remove)
* radish sprouts, 1.5 cup (remove)
* Pecans, .25 cup, chopped (remove)
* Basil, 2 tbsp (remove)
* Pepper, red or cayenne, .5 tsp (remove)
* *Cumin seed, .5 tbsp (remove)
* Olive Oil, 3 tbsp (remove)
* *Balsamic Vinegar, 3 tbsp (remove)
* Garlic, 2 clove (remove)
* Ginger Root, 2 tsp (remove)
* Salt, 8 dash (remove)
* Pepper, black, .25 tsp (remove)
* Water, tap, 1.5 cup (8 fl oz) (remove)
In the meantime, toast the pecans lightly and chop. Set aside.
Grate one large or two small raw beets. Set aside.
Mince the garlic and ginger. Whisk together with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add minced fresh basil (I also added a litle dried cinnamon basil), salt & pepper. Set aside.
Saute the onions with the cayenne and cumin seed for about 4-5 minutes, until just soft.
When bulgur is ready, add the beets, and stir until the beautiful beet color is throughout. Add the onions. Add the dressing. Stir well. Add the pecans and sprouts last (add the sprouts when ready to eat so they stay firm; they'll wilt if you put them in when the bulgur's still warm).
(***this recipe is even healthier than the nutrition facts imply, because i didn't have all the nutritional info for the sprouts, and they're really good for you!)
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SUPERSCIENCE.