- Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 144.7
- Total Fat: 10.8 g
- Cholesterol: 5.4 mg
- Sodium: 99.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.9 g
- Protein: 3.9 g
Quick and Simple Eggplant ParmesanSubmitted by: GHFAN396
IntroductionA lighter version of a favorite dish A lighter version of a favorite dish
Eggplant, peeled and sliced into rounds
Salt & Pepper or other seasonings
Low Fat Mozzarella Shredded cheese
Fresh torn basil
2. Peel and slice the eggplant. I slice it into about 1/4 inch thick rounds so that the tomato fits perfectly on the eggplant, but I have done it length wise.
3. Lightly brush olive oil on both sides of the eggplant and season eggplant with salt and pepper or seasonings.
4. Bake eggplant for aprox. 10-15 minutes or until cooked completely.
5. While eggplant is baking slice tomatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices.
6. Top cooked eggplant with tomato slices, fresh basil, and cheese.
7. Return to oven until cheese is melted.
I serve this with a nice salad and maybe whole wheat rolls. I also do this with chicken parmesan too.
Number of Servings: 3
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user GHFAN396.