- Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 210.4
- Total Fat: 6.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 388.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.7 g
- Protein: 19.3 g
Summer Vegetable Stir fry with Sweet & Spicy Tiger PrawnsSubmitted by: JTAIT3
IntroductionThis meal is perfect in a hurry and also if you feel like you need an extra boost of healthy colourful vegetables. The prawns are marinaded in a sweet and spicy sauce - YUMMY!!! This meal is perfect in a hurry and also if you feel like you need an extra boost of healthy colourful vegetables. The prawns are marinaded in a sweet and spicy sauce - YUMMY!!!
200g tiger prawns
2 tbsp lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
2 garlic cloves - crushed
1 red chilli - finely sliced with seeds
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 onion - chopped
1 zucchini - sliced
2 large mushrooms - chopped
1 red bell pepper - chopped
100g sugar snap peas
100g baby corn
1 medium carrot - sliced in ribbons using a peeler
1. In a bowl mix the lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, garlic and chilli.
2. Add the parawns and make sure they are coated well before leaving to marinade in the fridge. preferably for at least 30mins.
3. Chop all the veggies into to bite size chunks - go for larger as opposed to smaller chunks.
4. In a large pan / wok, heat the sesame oil.
5. Fry the onions over a high heat for 2 minutes before adding the baby corn and sugar snap peas, frying for another few minutes.
6. Add the zucchini, mushrooms, red pepper and carrot and fry for another few minutes.
7. Transfer the vegetables to a plate and cook the prawns in the marinade for 3-4 minutes until cooked through.
8. Add all the vegetables and make sure everythiung is heated well before serving.
9. Serve alone for a super-healthy dish or with brown rice or noodles.
Number of Servings: 3
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JTAIT3.