Veggie and Ham "Muffins"Submitted by: MOMMIEANYA0220
IntroductionLow carb, low calorie solution for an on-the-go type of breakfast and loaded with vitamins. Low carb, low calorie solution for an on-the-go type of breakfast and loaded with vitamins.
1 10-oz. frozen chopped spinach package, defrosted and drained
4 egg whites
1/3 cup lowfat cottage cheese
1 cup 2% fat shredded cheddar cheese
4 veggie sausage links, cooked and crumbled
2 oz. ham diced
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
Salt and pepper to liking
Fresh basil, chopped (to liking)
Fresh dill, chopped (to liking)
2. Mix eggs, egg whites, spices, and salt and pepper together until consistent.
3. Add in drained spinach, but crumble it as to not have one big clump of spinach.
4. In the bottoms of the muffin tins, add crumbled sausage in 6 sides, and the ham in the other 6. Also add shredded cheese to each muffin cup.
5. Fill the muffin cups with egg mixture to 2/3 full.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until set.
7. Cool for 5-7 minutes before consuming, but enjoy when warm.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MOMMIEANYA0220.