- Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 198.5
- Total Fat: 12.4 g
- Cholesterol: 48.8 mg
- Sodium: 435.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 16.7 g
Mexican Spinach Enchilada BakeSubmitted by: MOMMIEANYA0220
IntroductionA low carb version of a yummy Mexican-American fave! Can be made with ground poultry to cut the fat too! A low carb version of a yummy Mexican-American fave! Can be made with ground poultry to cut the fat too!
1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 small onion, chopped
5 tsp taco seasoning (or lower sodium version)
1 can enchilada sauce
1-4 oz. can drained green chiles
1- 8 oz. pkg. fat free cream cheese
1-10 oz pkg. frozen spinach, drained completely
2 egg whites
1/2 cup reduced fat shredded colby and jack
2. Brown the meat and onion together. Drain. Put back in pan and add taco seasoning.
3. Add enchilada sauce and green chiles, and simmer until thickened over medium to medium-high heat. Set aside.
4. In a bowl, mix eggs ,cream cheese, and spinach together until smooth.
5. In the 8x8 pan, add half of the meat mixture and spread evenly. Then add the spinach mix and smooth across and makes sure it reaches the edges. Then sprinkle half of the cheese ontop of that layet. Add the rest of the meat and spread around. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
6. Bake for 30 minutes until set.
Number of Servings: 9
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MOMMIEANYA0220.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
This was the first real recipie I've ever actually done completely by myself. And it turned out awesome! I nixed the chilis and doubled the cheese, as we're cheese lovers. Couldn't find reduced fat colby jack, so I used a reduced fat Mexican cheese mix. Fiance and I hate spinach, but loved this! - 4/8/10