- Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 277.3
- Total Fat: 7.1 g
- Cholesterol: 40.4 mg
- Sodium: 764.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 26.7 g
Reduced Fat Chicken Caesar LasagnaSubmitted by: KAYEREADER
IntroductionAdapted recipe from "Captial Area Women's Lifestyle" Magazine to include nonfat milk, cheeses and oven ready lasagna noodles Adapted recipe from "Captial Area Women's Lifestyle" Magazine to include nonfat milk, cheeses and oven ready lasagna noodles
8 oz box Oven Ready Ronzoni Lasagna Noodles
16 oz cooked, chopped chicken breast
10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
3 tbsp. lemon juice, 3 tbsp
1 cup bottled roasted red peppers - drained and chopped
4 tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, Light Spread
2 cup low fat heavy cream substitute (see recipe)
Pepper, black, .5 tsp
Salt, 1 tsp
0.5 cup grated parmesan Cheese
0.75 cup finely shredded italian blend cheese 2% or part Skim cheese
2. Make low fat heavy cream substitute by adding 1 2/3 cups low fat cottage cheese to 1/3 cup non-fat powdered milk and pureeing in a blender for 5 mins.
3. In sauce pan, melt butter. Add low fat heavy cream substitute, salt and pepper. Mix well and cook on a slow boil for about 5 to 8 minutes until the mixture thickens.
4. Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese. Add lemon juice and stir in chicken, spinach and red peppers.
5. Coat a 9 X 12 pan or 3 qt. backing dish with nonstick spray. Arrange 1/3 of noodles in bootom of pan.
6. Add 1/3 chicken and sauce mixture. Repeat layers of noodles and chicken/sauce mixture twice.
7. Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
8. Uncover and sprinkle with italian blend cheese and bake uncovered for 5 minutes to melt cheese.
9. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving
Makes 9 servings.
Number of Servings: 9
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KAYEREADER.