Country Peach TartSubmitted by: MELINDACRISTINE
IntroductionHealthy way to eat a great Peach Tart Healthy way to eat a great Peach Tart
Ingredients for Pastry for Single-Crust Pie:
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup shortening
4 to 5 tbsp cold water
Ingredients for filling:
1/4 cup Splenda
4 tsp whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
3 cups peaches, pealed and sliced (1 1/2 pounds)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 beaten egg
1 tbsp water
1. Stir together flour and 1/4 tsp salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in the shortening until the crumbles are pea sized.
2. Sprinkle 1 tbsp water over part of the mixture and gently toss with a fork. Push the moistened bowl to the side of the bowl. Repeat moistening dough using 1 tbsp of water at a time, until all the dough is moistened. Form the dough into a ball.
3. Line a cookie sheet with foil and lightly dust with flour. Use your hands to flatten the dough. Roll the dough from center to edges into a circle 13 inches in diameter.
4. Mix splenda and 4 tsp flour, nutmeg, and cinnamon; stir in peaches and lemon juice. Mound the peach mixture in the center of the crust leaving a 2 inch boarder. Fold the border up over the peaches. Pleat the crust as necessary.
5. Combine one beaten egg and 1 tbsp water brush on to the top and sides of crust.
6. Bake in 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden. To prevent overbrowning, you can cover the crust with the edge of the foil for the last 10-15 minutes of baking. Cool 30 minutes on the baking sheet. Dust with powdered sugar.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MELINDACRISTINE.