- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 158.7
- Total Fat: 4.2 g
- Cholesterol: 46.0 mg
- Sodium: 210.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 14.2 g
Chicken & Brown Rice Stuffed TomatoesSubmitted by: FIT_ARTIST
IntroductionOne for lunch or two for dinner. Add some raw veggies and there you go! One for lunch or two for dinner. Add some raw veggies and there you go!
6 large, ripe tomatoes
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
300 grams ground chicken (I used chicken thigh)
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 tbsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
35 grams low fat cheddar, cut into 6 slices (or grated)
1) Wash tomatoes. Cut off tops and scoop out insides into a bowl. Reserve.
2) In a non-stick skillet, brown chicken. Add onion. Make sure you break up the chicken into little pieces. (It makes stuffing the tomatoes easier.) Remove from heat.
3) Add rice and seasonings to the meat.
4) Take the reserved tomato GUTS, and put into blender. Blend for a moment and pour back about 3/4 of a cup into the meat mixture. Mix well.
5) Stuff the tomatoes with the mixture; place tomatoes in baking dish.
6) Top tomatoes with cheese then bake @400 for about 30 minutes.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HAWGWILD1.