- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 244.9
- Total Fat: 13.6 g
- Cholesterol: 95.7 mg
- Sodium: 84.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.0 g
- Protein: 15.5 g
Golomki (Polish Stuffed Cabbage)Submitted by: JOANNA1907
IntroductionPolish Stuffed Cabbage Leaves Polish Stuffed Cabbage Leaves
1lb/16oz lean ground beef
1/2 cup brown rice
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced red pepper
1 large head of white cabbage
800g tinned chopped tomatoes in tomato juice
Seasoning as required.
2. In the mean time put water in a small pan and bring to the boil. Put in the 1/2 cup of rice and cook as per instructions.
3. Place the onion in a pan with the red pepper and saute gently until soft.
4. In a large mixing bowl, place the ground beef, cooked rice, onion, red pepper, eggs, and any seasoning you require. Mix together well.
5. Fill each cabbage leaf with mixture, and fold leaf to enclose the mixture.
6. Line bottom of pan with cabbage leaves, placing stuffed leaves on top, covering them with more cabbage leaves. Pour chopped tomatoes and juice over the top, and place in the oven at 225 degree for 30-40 minutes depending on type of oven.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JOANNA1907.