Spicy Seafood SoupSubmitted by: SCATTS
IntroductionA delicious, low fat, South American style spicy soup. A delicious, low fat, South American style spicy soup.
* 1/2 onion, chopped
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
* 1 (4 ounce) can canned green chile peppers, chopped
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 1/2 cups canned peeled and diced tomatoes
* 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
* 1/2 cup shrimp
* 1/2 pound cod fillets
* 3/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
2. Then add the chicken broth, chile peppers and cumin, stirring well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Next, add the tomatoes, green bell pepper, shrimp and cod. Return to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for another 5 minutes. Gradually stir in the yogurt until heated through.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SCATTS.