Southwestern ChickenSubmitted by: HAG-CHEF
IntroductionQuick and easy, very tasty meal. From Cooking Light Quick and easy, very tasty meal. From Cooking Light
vegetable oil cooking spray
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into 2 1/2 x 1/2 inch strips
1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups green pepper strips
1 cup thinly sliced onion, separated into rings
1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
3/4 cup commercial thick & chunky salsa (mild or hot, your choice)
2. Add chicken, stir fry 3 minutes.
3. Stir in chili powder and cumin.
4. Remove chicken from frypan, set aside.
5. Add oil to frypan, and heat over medium high heat.
6. Add green pepper strips and onion, stir fry 3 minutes.
7. Return chicken to frypan and stir in corn and salsa.
8. Stir fry 2 minutes more or until thoroughly heated (Alternately, thinly sliced into strips, turkey, beef or pork may be used).
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user METALWEAR.