BLT Chicken SaladSubmitted by: LAURA011982
IntroductionThis chicken salad has a creamy dressing and is best served over crisp lettuce leaves. This chicken salad has a creamy dressing and is best served over crisp lettuce leaves.
* 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
* 5 slices bacon
* 2 stalks celery, chopped
* 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
* 3/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
* 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
* salt and pepper to taste
* 12 leaves romaine lettuce
* 1 avocado - peeled, seeded and sliced
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside to cool.
2. Prepare the dressing by mixing together the mayonnaise, parsley, green onions, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together the chicken breast, tomatoes and bacon. Pour dressing over chicken mixture and toss well to coat. Refrigerate until chilled; serve over lettuce leaves and garnish with avocado slices.
Makes 6 servings
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LAURA011982.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
This sounds like a grand recipe, however, the nutrition is for one serving. I think I'm going to play with this and figure out how many servings it really is then go from there. Thanks for the idea, I was looking for something like this, but I need a huge pile of the carbs and calories swept away. - 7/31/10