Curried Bulgur with ChickpeasSubmitted by: FLYING_V
IntroductionHigh Fibre, high protein veggie main dish or side dish High Fibre, high protein veggie main dish or side dish
1 1/2 cups uncooked bulgur
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
3 green onions, minced
1 cup fresh or frozen shelled peas
2 cups cooked chick peas, drained
1 Tbsp curry powder
1/2 cup minced fresh parsely
2. Stir in the bulgur, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside until needed.
3. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the bell pepper and onions and saute for about 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the peas, garbanzo beans, curry powder, and salt and cook 1 minute, then stir in the parsley
5. Add bulgur and stir to mix.
6. Lower heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user FLYING_V.